a thing about queerbaiting
- a great deal of show creators/writers are aware of fandom and slash. people have been tweeting creators/actors their fanfiction for a really long time.
- also Google is a thing.
- as is the New York Times, TIME, The Guardian and many other news sources.
- fandom and fanfiction is not a secret; the idea that slash is popular among women is not a secret and that involvement with fandom creates loyal fans.
- thus creators and writers will throw little bones to fandom via queerbaiting
- this is sort of bad
- queerbaiting involves fetishizing queerness but never committing to it. queerbaiting is like playing gay chicken, queerbaiting is meant to tantalize but not explore the relationship, queer baiting is the equivalent of telling your friend you care but then screaming loudly as possible NO HOMO
- queerbaiting is not progress
- thank you for letting me use bullet points
oh yeah, there’s the word i was looking for.